Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I haven't updated this blog in a while. I think about it, but never get around to it. I've been busy starting projects, re-starting them, and then stalling to a stop. I've been busy on Swag Bucks the last month. I really like the site since I've made and redeemed $120 in Amazon and Paypal gift cards in that time. I'll post more about that at a later date. One of the orders I made with my Amazon credit just arrived today. I bought a black Babymel Amanda diaper bag for my SIL who wanted a bag that looked more like a purse. It's kind of big and if she has a baby with her it'll be obvious it's a diaper bag but I'm humoring her :) My brother's not as  happy since he wanted a neutral bag that he could carry around as well. I totally forgot about that even though I'd been meaning to keep that in mind when i showed her diaper bags that might pique her interest. What's done is done though. Anyway, I got it for free through My Habit, which is an Amazon shopping site. They have a 20% code (holidays) that can be used once per order out right now. It expires tomorrow though.

I want to fill the diaper bag up with some diaper/baby bag essentials but diapers are so expensive and I've kind of forgotten what things other than Vaseline or A+D ointment go in them. I bought a Woombie Houdini swaddler and a Baby Love sleep sack on Totsy but while I love that site, their speed of shipping is the worst. I really should ordered a size up on the Woombie since I ordered newborn and it definitely won't be here in time :/ I've bought a lot of things already so I guess I shouldn't worry about it but.... Maybe I'll try to finish the blanket I was crocheting and can stick it in the bag.


 I'm making a cardigan, hat and socks for the baby with these delicious Madelinetosh yarns. I'd never used them before and while they are expensive they are beautiful and soft.


I'm making the cardigan out of the Byzantine, which is the red. Almost done. I just have to finish the last sleeve, put on edging, and block it. After that I'll wind the other color by hand into a ball, which I'm dreading since it's sock yarn. At least it isn't lace yarn. I'd have even more yardage to wind then.

No comments:

Post a Comment